Saturday, July 30, 2011

7 Mile Saturday

Run: 7 miles
Time: 1:32 (I know, right?)
Mood: Tired

Got up at 5 a.m. But it was still dark. Got up at 5:30. Still dark. Laid in bed until 5:45, decided to get up and drink some water and eat something.

Was out the door a little before 6...and you think it would have been cooler than it was. Ran the first four miles or so solid, then did a walk/run combo for the rest. I took my new hand held water bottle with me, but I didn't put nearly enough water in it. I even brought a little snack. I tore off a piece of bread and put some peanut butter on it, wrapped it in plastic wrap and zipped it in my water bottle pouch. Around mile 3.5 I walked for a second to eat it and drank some water, then hit the turning point and headed back home.

It wasn't my breathing that was slowing me down...I've mastered the yoga breathing I think. It was my legs...they got SO tired. And my shoulders/upper back is starting to get sore/tired, too. That plus a hilly route makes for a slow long run.

Also, managed to get honked AND yelled at this morning. At 6:30. On a Saturday. Really, people? Who is randy in the waking hours of the weekend?!

Also, saw a deer pooping. I do not lie.

Got in a quick 2 miles yesterday morning...finished in 21:30.

Drank a glass of chocolate milk to help recover. Now...a shower and back to bed.

3 4 2 7

2 comments:

  1. Just caught up on your blog. Sounds like you need some motivation. And although I have no words of wisdom I want you to know I'm looking forward to reading after you finish your marathon and I'm super jealous. Also have you considered getting a massage after your long runs? I hear they're supposed to speed up the recovery not to mention they feel great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Crystal, it's definitely a lot more intense that I thought it would be. Hope all is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete