Wednesday, July 27, 2011

On the Up and Up

Run: 4 miles
Time: 47
Mood: Better. Much better.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...it was a slow run this morning. I've been in a rut over the past two weeks, but I'm coming back around. Nothing like knocking out 4 miles to make you feel better about yourself as a runner. Ran yesterday, but it was a crappy 3 miles.


Like this, but a different color and brand.
 I looked into hydration yesterday at a running store and the hydration belts are just....awful. The cute ones only have either one small bottle or one large bottle. A large water bottle strapped to my backside isn't gonna be pretty. Therefore, I went with the handheld water bottle. It straps to my hand, and should get me through the next month or so. When I do my 22 miler, I'm gonna need someone to set up a water station of some sort. ;)

The guy at the running store said he carries a water bottle in one hand and a banana in the other on his long runs. Iiiiinteresting. Eating and running? Although I have heard of ultra-marathoners carrying and consuming whole sandwiches.

3 in the morning, then a rest day and 7 on Saturday.

Bring it on.

3 4 3 7

1 comment:

  1. I feel the motivation coming down. Looks like I need to find something to pump you up. You just wait for your surprise.

    ReplyDelete