Sunday, July 24, 2011

I suck.

Run: 5.65
Time: 1:13
Mood: Negative

It was a long run day. I got up at 6:15 this morning, stuck my head outside and was immediately hit by a blast of hot air. Soooo...I went back to bed.

The roomies and I took a day trip to see Allie and the baby in Pennsylvania. After we got home, I decided it was still too hot (there was a heat advisory in effect until 8 this evening). I popped open a Corona, and then my roommate Jen gave me a hard time for not running.

I caved, laced up my shoes and headed out. First mile came in around 10:30, second mile was about the same, and then somewhere during mile three I just stopped. The six mile route I had mapped had a lot more hills that I'd thought, and I was drenched because of the heat, so I legitimately walked/ran the rest of the way. I turned around before the 6 mile mark because it was dark and I was about three miles from home without a cellphone, all alone on the road. There were some street lights, but it was still creepy.

I was so angry during the second half. I was talking myself out of running the marathon, thinking of ways I could change my bib to the 10K.

It's hard. Running, training, it's hard. And I've been doing it for about a year solid and these long runs are still kicking my ass. I have a LONG way to go, and I'm not looking forward to it. Not in the least.

Grr...

3-4-3-7

No comments:

Post a Comment