Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Funday

We have mastered the outsmart-Gunner-in-the-morning plan!

Usually, when I get up to go to the gym after Scott has left, Gunner leaps from the bed, tail wagging, wondering why I haven't put his leash on for a walk. I usually end up feeling bad, and walk him instead. It used to be ok, because I was running him. But with the bum foot, running hasn't been happening.

My coworkers and I have been walking 2-3 miles over lunch, but today we're taking a trip to Chipotle and DSW (don't be jealous that your lunch break < my lunch break). I knew I needed to get a workout in this morning.

Last night Scott and I strategized that I would get up first, at 5, and then creep out with the lights off. When I was gone, he would get up at his normal time (5:15) and then get ready like he does when I'm asleep - stealthy, using his phone light.

So I got up at 5:10 (I hit snooze, wanna fight about it?) and snuck out. Then Scott left later. When I got back from the gym, the lights were off and Gunner was in bed sleeping. Then he jumped up with the "Are we going for a walk?" face. And it WAS time!

We walked for a mile, and then he ate his breakfast and went baaaaack to bed again.

It's a hard-knock life for Gunner.

Workout for today: 30 minutes on elliptical, followed by a 1.14 mile walk with the schmup.

Hellloooooo Chipotle.

Also, Tuesday's step count was over 13,000, yesterdays was over 10,000. If you walk 10,000 steps a day, you can lose a pound a week - who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment