Thursday, October 4, 2012

What a Week

Whew, this is the FIRST chance I've had to post all week. Scott is in primary, I'm getting up at 5 just to go to the gym, and both of our jobs are kicking our behinds this week. I haven't even had time to walk over lunch.

I've got three morning workouts under my belt this week. Up at 5 a.m., 45 minutes on the elliptical while reading The Help for the second time, then walking the dog at least a mile. The good news is that I overslept yesterday morning and didn't walk over lunch and felt like a slob last night. So my healthy lifestyle is taking root again. We had salad for dinner and I said "no" to sour cream or any salad dressing. And my taco salad was still ah-mazing.

The fact that I was able to get up this morning is nothing short of a Christmas miracle. I had a glass of sangria last night because it was a stressful day. Then I had another glass.

Monster wine glasses.
What I forgot was that our wine glasses, which we brought back from Mexico, can fit an entire beer in them with room to spare.

And a serving of wine is what, like 4-6 ounces? So my "two glasses" was more like, oh I don't know, a bottle.

All of a sudden I was laughing hysterically on the couch and then crying at Sons of Anarchy and then laughing hysterically again. Scott kept shaking his head, laughing at me and saying, "On a Wednesday..."

But he was the one pouring the sangria. He did make me drink water last night which I'm thankful for this morning. My workout went well, but on the drive in to work the headache started. I'm two migraine pills, one piece of chocolate, and half a diet coke into my migraine-prevention ritual.

My abs hurt this morning from laughing so hard last night, so I think it was worth a little migraine this morning.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment