Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thankful Tuesday

Notes from today's run:

1. Gunner is cracked out on 'roids. The pup is in the middle of a course of steroids for his allergies -- which make him ultra-hyper. Which means he forgets how to run with a person, and gallops and strains on the leash. When he's not doing that, he's stopping to smell things and eating things of the ground he's not supposed to, making mommy have to pull him along. It was either drag or pull this morning -- there wasn't even a second of him running next to me. Needless to say, we only completed one mile of running -- which was peppered with little "sit" sessions. We walked another mile, then I let him loose in the tennis courts where he ran laps and barked at mommy.

2. I think I need to start wrapping and icing my foot again. Same foot, different area. I limped from my car to the office today because the pain is so sharp. It doesn't hurt during the run, just after. We have a 10K coming up next weekend, and I think it might be the first race where I'm the spectator cheering Scott on instead of the other way around.

3. It's a good day to be thankful. Scott's company is laying one of their own to rest today -- a day that's already a heavy one for Americans, especially those who serve in the armed forces.

Even though I had a bad run with the dog, I'm still ALIVE to run and healthy enough to attempt it. I'm marrying my best friend and the love of my life. I've got a great job, and I'm polishing off an awesome degree this year. I have amazing friends, and a fantastic family. We have an awesome little bugger of a pup, who is a great dog and companion.

Today of all days, we should all be thankful for the little things we may take for granted. The weather, a good commute, a friendly smile, a baller latte. Never forget how quickly things can change, and never forget how quickly things can go from bad to worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment