Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pros and Cons

Taking a week off from training was either a great idea (I feel back to 100 percent) or a horrible idea (I've pretty much reset my training).

Sunday I got back on the treadmill after a week's absence. It missed me, I know it did. I ran a mile and then...I walked...and then I ran...and then I walked. I did this for three miles.

I haven't had to do that in a long time. I talked with my oldest brother (who just ran his second marathon and shaved 9 minutes off of his time - go Bobby), and he said that it only takes 3-4 days for your body to start losing some of the benefits of your training.

Grrrrreat!

I guess I'm not really sorry, because I did need time to get healthy again. Last night I hammered out two miles, the second one sub-11. It felt great, a little weezy, but great.

Tonight I'm shooting for a solid three. And I'm actually looking forward to a 4-mile interval run tomorrow.

That's right, I said it. Looking forward to an interval run. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment