Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's Official: I'm In

Well folks. It's done. I'm officially registered for the Marine Corps Marathon.

F%@k.

A huge thank you to Bobby for texting to remind me that registration had opened. After an hour and a half of us texting and calling each other to check the status - Are you in? I can't get the registration page! - both of us finally managed to get signed on up!

He called me to make sure I had gotten in, too. And I said I had. Then my ever-wise elder sibling chirps: "Well, at least the hard part is over."

Optimistic little bugger, isn't he? :)
My estimated finishing time? 5 hours.

Bobby's? 3.5 hours.

To quote my coworker when I told her this, "Well, they don't call it a marathon for nothing."

Going to attempt a 4-mile interval run tonight on four hours of sleep. Oy.

1 comment: