Monday, February 28, 2011

My Own Worst Enemy

Run: 5 miles
Time: ~59
Mood: Fantabulous
Training Goal: I scrapped them.

Don't read this unless you're sitting down. Are you sitting down? Ok, well take a seat...I'll wait.

You good? Ok.

Today, I:
  • Hydrated. 
  • Warmed up. 
  • Stretched. 
  • Ran 5 miles. 
  • Cooled down. 
  • Stretched. 
  • Hydrated. 
  • Drank a protein shake.

You fell off your chair, didn't you? I bet you're glad I told you to sit down.

Yes folks, I had an amazing run today because I did WHAT I'M SUPPOSED TO DO. I realized this weekend that I've been making excuses and - well - whining about how running wasn't going well, etc., when I've been doing it to myself.

My friend suggested I scrap my training emails and do what I wanted to do, what I enjoyed, so that's what I'm doing. Was I supposed to do 5 miles today? No, I was technically supposed to be resting after yesterday's "7 mile run" (ha!). I went through my calendar today and figured out that I need to add a mile to my long runs every week and then I'll be up to 9 the week before the Cherry Blossom. This week I needed to knock out 5. Check!

I felt fantastic at the gym, it wasn't a real effort until mile 4.5.

And tonight's protein shake? 1 banana, 1 scoop vanilla whey, 2 spoon fulls of peanut butter, 8 oz. skim milk, ice. Blended. Scrumtrulescent.

No comments:

Post a Comment