Monday, January 24, 2011

It begins.

Run: 3 miles
Time: 34:30
Mood: Overestimated
Training goal: MET! "2-4 miles, easy pace"

I started day 1 of Cherry Blossom 10 Miler training today. It was one of those wake-up-five-minutes-before-the-alarm-refreshed mornings. I will note: it was 14 degrees when I got in my car. 14 degrees. Insanity.

Woke up, checked my phone and my training schedule was in my inbox. I signed up for the online training course as intermediate (even though my running for the past two months has been anything but) and they email you the week's workouts on Monday and then every day you get a detailed explanation of what kind of workout it should be. This morning's run was at a "conversational" pace. I didn't have anyone to talk to, so I just set my speed a little lower than normal.

I felt great. So great, in fact, that I told myself:  "hm, probably shouldn't overdo it...let me make sure I'm not running over three miles, I've got to be close already." So I lifted up the cloth covering the mileage display thinking I was about to go over three miles...

I was at a mile and a half. Nice one, Steph.

Here's the week's breakdown:

Mon. - Distance: 2-4 miles

Tues. - Distance: 3-5 miles

Wed. - Rest Day

Thu. - Distance: 2-4 miles

Fri. - Rest Day

Sat. - Distance: 2-4 miles

Sun. - Distance: 4-7 miles

It's calling for two days of rest, but I'll be doing workouts on these days, probably strength training. There's a body pump class that I want to take on Wednesday, so hopefully Thursday's run isn't a speed workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment