Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Early Bird Gets the Treadmill

Run: 3 miles
Time: 34 + 10
Mood: Yawning

I woke up a half hour before my get-up-early-for-gym alarm this morning, probably because I was dead to the world by 10 last night. Got three miles done while watching Full House and then hiked for another 10. Got home and even managed to stretch (you're welcome Allie) AND make breakfast. Egg beaters + ham + broccoli + cheddar = a very happy Stephanie.

I took yesterday off because my right shin was killing me down near my ankle. But I got up this morning and it felt totally fine - still feels back to normal - maybe just needed a rest after Monday's four-miler.

I was thinking to myself how when I started running again over the summer, a mile and a half was a decent run for a normal day. And then 2 miles was a normal day. And now three miles is a normal day. I'm getting to the point where I'm disgusted with myself for not running over three miles - like I consider it a lazy day.

Guess I'm officially a runner.

2 comments: