Monday, August 23, 2010

We live. We learn.

Training lesson: Do not attempt long run on a humid morning after an unintentional 12-hour fast. You will run out of energy. Your run will be an epic fail, and you will crawl home in misery.

Ok, so I don’t like to eat before I run. I just don’t. I know it’s the equivalent of running an engine without gas and that the body is a machine that requires energy in the form of food, but I still resist. And it finally caught up to me.

I was optimistic for my Sunday long run. Mapped out my route and laced up my shoes, ready to go. Everything was fine until I was about halfway through and realized my legs were getting extremely heavy and my strides were getting shorter. I literally looked down at my feet, expecting some sort of weight to be clinging onto my ankles. (No lie, I really did glance down in disbelief.)

To make a not-so-long story short, I ended my run early, about a mile sooner than I wanted.

I’ve decided to shake up this week’s training schedule, and am going to do a long run tomorrow after work, just to be stubborn and prove that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment