Friday, August 27, 2010

Success!

Run: 3 miles
Time: 35:44
General Mood: Ecstatic
 
Welp, folks. I did it. I ran three miles...finally. The 2.5-mile-breaking-point that's been plaguing me for weeks is finally a thing of the past. Yesterday wasn't technically my long run day, but I did it anyway. Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet, am I right?

The pace was slooooooow, because I think I was too afraid to run faster and tire out before I hit the 3-mile mark. I've been hitting consistent 10 minute splits in my runs so far, and I think that I need to pull back my pace a little bit on the long runs until I am able to comfortably finish them. Distance before speed, people!

The rest of the week's workouts are on track, did a 2.2 mile run on Tuesday, rested Wednesday and did my long run last night. Today is a 30 min. cross-training day, and I'm thinking that the deck-building I'll be doing at my house tonight should cover it.

Next week starts the gradual mileage increase. I think I'm adding about a half mile to my long runs every week, and eventually will get up to 5.5 miles the week before my 10K. It sounds like a lot, but totally do-able.

Work it.

No comments:

Post a Comment