Monday, August 16, 2010

Sunday Funday

Run: 2.5 miles
Time: 30:33
General Mood: Moot
 
It was a rainy Sunday, and I was...for lack of a more elegant term...a little hungover. (Happy Birthday, Jen) Nevertheless, I got in a run around the neighborhood.
 
It wasn't fast. It wasn't pretty. It was half a mile shorter than it should have been. But it was a run.
 
I've been trying to finish my runs with some speed, so I don't get stuck in the slower mid-run pace, and I managed to get a nice sprint at the end of this one. Ended up with my hands on my knees, gasping for air when I was done. I think I amused an old man on a walk with his dog. He literally looked like he was about to ask me if I needed assistance.
 
Again, didn't stretch. I meant to, but forgot after my half mile walk home, and I'm paying for it today. My bad, hamstrings. My bad.
 
Ended the weekend with a roommate dinner that involved some amazing food and too much wine. Happy today is a strength/stretch day.
 
Side note: I've gotten my first training blister. It's fantastic.

1 comment: