Monday, May 9, 2011

O' Other Brother

Yesterday I was home for Mother's Day. My eldest brother, whom I will be running my marathon with, called to talk with my mom. About fifteen minutes into their conversation my mom walks over to me and hands me the phone with a smirk, saying, "Your brother wants to know how your training is going."

The conversation went something like this:

Bobby: Hey, just wanted to see how training is going.

Me: Err, have you read the blog?

Bobby: Yeah, but there haven't been any recent posts.

Me: Exactly.

I told him that I hadn't stopped completely (I've been running once or twice a week so my body doesn't completely forget what running is), I've just been on a hiatus.

Which I have.

I think the 10-mile race sucked to the point of damaging my motivation. It wasn't fun. Not in the least. I didn't enjoy it at all.

It's gotten to the point where I completely forgot I'm running a marathon for a second. My mom mentioned that my brother would be in town in October and  - no joke - I asked what was going on in October that he would be in town.

Your marathon, she said.

Oh. Yes. That.

Bobby did let me know that the 16 week mark was coming up, which is the point where beginners need to start training. I'm not a beginner, because I've been running pretty steadily for a year - so that makes me feel a bit better.

I did some research today, and I'm 25 weeks out from marathon day. So I've created what looks to be a beginner's training schedule: And I'm completely ok with it.

Here it is:

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're back on the wagon!

    The plan looks great. Stick to it and always keep a positive attitude. You have plenty of time before the marathon, so don't stress about it and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete