Wednesday, April 18, 2012

That's Two!

Distance: 2 miles
Time: 25 minutes
Mood: Heavy. I felt heavy.

Yes folks, that's a 25 minute 2-mile. I know the first mile was, for a fact, 12 minutes. Which would have been super embarrassing if I wasn't sucking wind and just trying to finish. I ran another half mile and then walked for five minutes before hammering out the last quarter mile. So that's 1.5 straight, and a hard final quarter. Quarter mile walking.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Or should I say...rebuilt. ;) I think my shoe inserts are helping my feet b/c I have minimal pain, but it feels like I'm running with bricks in my shoes. I'm also getting that fabulous soreness that I've missed in my legs.

Today I'm going to do some fartleks if the weather holds out. Then I'll shout like Will Ferrell in Talladega Nights...

"I'm goin' fast again!"

No comments:

Post a Comment