Tuesday, April 17, 2012

5 Things I Forgot I Hate About Running

I've started hitting the trail behind the office again. And I've remembered a few things I had forgotten about this beautiful sport we call running.

1. Bikers
"On the left." Yes, I heard you the first time. And I even heard you the second time. I moved to the side of the trail. And then I heard you ring the bell. And yet you STILL feel the need to call "Passing on the left!" yet again. You just ride your bike and I'll run my run and we can do it in silence.

2. Gnat Clouds
These sneaky little buggers like to float around in groups, hanging out with each other, having a little insect happy hour in the evening sun. Until I run through them and swallow a few. It's no fun for them, it's no fun for me. And I apologize for the bug families who were waiting for someone to come home who never showed up.

3. Friction
Enough said.

4. You There In The Spandex
Yes, you. The super skinny person running while chewing gum and not even breathing heavily when we both know damn well you're putting down at least a sub-7 mile. I hate you.

5. The Hill at Mile 1
I forgot about this hill. It's right after the one-mile marker, and it's a bridge that goes over Rt. 50. Right past a McDonald's. That always seems to have a fresh batch of fries percolating.

All of these things being said, it still feels awesome to be back out on the trail. Going out again today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment