Monday, November 8, 2010

Back at It!

Run: 2 miles
Time: 21:08
Mood: Scrumtrulescent

Some of you may have noticed that I haven’t posted in a week...and…well…that’s because I haven’t really run in a week. That’s right, took some time off after the 10K. Say something.

This week starts the working-up-to-ten-miles stage of training. I’m making a new calendar for the next three months, and it will involve running five times a week (up from the previous three) and working mileage up to ten miles, then back to six, then back to ten – it will cycle this way until about four months before the 2011 MCM. At that point, I start tacking on mileage to build up to 26. But for now, we focus on the big 1-0.

Today, thanks to daylight savings, I was able to run at 6:30 this morning. It won’t last long, and it’s getting dark at 5:30 now – so we get a gym membership this week to use the treadmill. I still plan on doing my long runs outside on the weekends to get the cold air in my lungs. Today’s run felt great though.

Side note: We may have the beginnings of our first injury. The week before the 10K my right hip flexor was bugging a tiny bit, and after the 6.2 both of my hips were sore. This morning’s run triggered that bugging again and my right flexor was sore after I finished. I don’t think it has anything to do with my new shoes, but I’m trying to stretch it as well as I can and not overdo it. I’d rather baby something like this now, than ignore it and have a bigger injury in six months.

Next race on the horizon: Cherry Blossom 10-Miler (if I can get registered through the lottery).

No comments:

Post a Comment