Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day Glo!

Run: 5.5 miles (!)
Time: 1:03
Mood: That sucker hurt

Welp, did a 5.5 mile run (longest yet) while wearing 95% new running stuff. New kicks, new socks, new pants, new shirts, new ear warmer (don't laugh, I have ear issues), new watch ($15 from Target - BAM!).

The run was ok...and by "ok" I mean torture. My sides hurt, my calves hurt, my nose was running and I kept resisting the urge to throw up.

The highlight? Neon yellow running shirt. To my surprise, I saw a lot of people wearing neon yellow while I was on the trail, it seems to be popular as the days get shorter.

Mini photoshoot in the office
before my run. Neon yellow!

Next weekend is the MCM 10K - that's 6.2 miles. I'm shooting for 1:15 or less. So while everyone else is out partying in their costumes next Saturday, I'll be scarfing pasta and mainlining H2O.

1 comment:

  1. I'm disappointed that this picture doesn't really give you a good idea of how neon the shirt is. It just looks yellow :(

    ReplyDelete