Thursday, June 13, 2013

Good Hair Day

Run: 2 miles
Time: ?
Mood: Sticky

With humidity hovering around 80 percent, my coworker Emily and I decided to hit the trail. And boy was it heavy out. It was one of those afternoons where you can see the air -- visibly oppressive.

We ran a mile out, then did the better part of a half-mile back. Then it was a walk-run combo for the last half mile because one of us was having shin pain (me) and needed to walk.

But on the UP side, my hairdo held throughout the entire run. I told Emily it would, and it did.

Yesterday morning I got up late -- something we've been doing lately since Scott doesn't have to be to work at 0530 anymore -- and I just brushed my hair back and pinned each side behind my ears. It reminded me of Peggy's hair in Mad Men. And it just stayed like that all day.

Even after two miles on the trail in the heat. Why is she talking about her hair? Because it's my blog. And I'll talk about my hair if I want to.

This took like 20 takes to capture me not looking like
a drowned, sweaty rat. Smile!
And notice the bright blue sportsbra under a neon yellow running tank. I don't want to just want to be seen on the trail, I want to be SEEN on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment