Friday, April 12, 2013

Cherry Blossoms and Body Pump

Light weights, heavy pain.
Happy Friday!

I got too busy yesterday to post, it was insane.

So I got in a run on Wednesday. Emily and I only ran a mile, but then we took a long walk through the Kenwood neighborhood and saw the awesome cherry blossoms there. They say that if you can't get to the Tidal Basin, go to Kenwood. Gorgeous.

Thursday morning I made it to my first Body Pump class in probably a year. I could only stay for 45 minutes, but it was enough. I'm in legitimate pain today. It hurts to walk and stairs are nearly impossible. Elevators, please.

This of course comes on the day when I'm taking public transportation because we're going to the Nats game tonight. Nothing like trying to hobble out of the way as people are trying to get on and off trains.

Mmmm...
I did read an interesting article on Wednesday about how people who work out a lot for weight loss often don't lose weight. If you're not cutting calories, and you're just running, chances are you're not going to drop a lot of weight. The exercise burns calories, but it makes people think that they're "done" for the day. They're often more sedentary and will eat more because they feel that they've "earned it."

Knowing this, I still had a Chipotle bowl for lunch yesterday. I'm not sorry, it was delicious.

But it's interesting to read, because I know we have ALL done that. "I can eat these cookies, I ran this morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment