Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wait a second...

Run: 4 miles
Time: 47
Mood: le tired

My 5-miler turned into my 4-miler and it was a slow one at that.

Last night, I saw a running group on Rockville Pike, and I was intrigued. I did some research, and found out that it's the Montgomery County Road Runners and they are TRAINING FOR THE MCM. Ah! I need a running group! I emailed two of the people asking if they accepted sign-ups mid-season. I hope they say yes, because I'd love to at least do my long runs with a group that goes my pace.

I also did some reading, and I'm going to work some speed workouts into my training. Also, all of those "fast" recovery runs I've been doing? Bad. Effing. Idea. And my long runs should be about 2 minutes slower than my 10K pace. Let's see...my 10K pace was about 11:30. How is it possible to run at a 13:30 pace?! I'm going to try to slow it down I guess? A little? Is that possible?

I do know one thing, training alone is possibly a bad idea. Possibly.

P.S. Last post was my 100th post. I feel like there should have been cake or something. Oh wait, there was. Disregard.

P.P.S. Friday will mark my one-year blogiversary. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment