Friday, June 10, 2011

Dos.

Runs: 35 min and 25 min
Mood: Oy, Oy, Oy

It was Thursday evening. I still had three runs to do this week. I'd eaten an insanely heavy dinner. I had just painted my toes. But I had to get a run done.

So I did.

Thanks to Jen's none-too-gentle encouragement: "Stephanie, you have to run. You're training for a MARATHON! Screw the polish, even if it gets messed up you'll know you had your priorities right!"

Off to the gym I went. It was practically empty, and I did my 35 minutes. It was painful, past my bedtime and I wanted to yack because my food wasn't digested, but I did it.

Then I needed to get a run done today. I headed out for my second run in 12 hours this morning. And it went as expected. My body stuttered to a halt at 25 minutes, half-way up a hill. I walked the ten minutes home.

What did we learn? Don't procrastinate and leave your runs to the end of the week.

One more this weekend and then I'll have completed all four. Check!

1 comment: