Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sigh

Run: 2.01 miles
Time: 22:22
General Mood: Groggy
 
You’ve most likely notice that I haven’t posted in a few days (or maybe not), and that’s because I just plain didn’t want to talk about my workouts over the weekend. (Cross-training on Saturday consisted of dancing at a wedding…enough said)
 
I’m back to the grind this week, with a new training twist: I’m going to try to run four times a week instead of three. Let that sink in.

I ran on Monday and again this morning, two solid miles each time. The weather is getting cooler and Monday I was able to run in the middle of the day – it was fantastic.

Now that the debilitating heat is subsiding, I have another issue that’s developing: lack of daylight hours.

I woke up at today at 6:30 a.m. for a morning run to discover the sun hadn’t yet come up…which means that in another month or so, it’s going to be dark in the morning when I get up to run and in the evening when I come home to run. This is a problem.

I don’t have a gym membership, because I’m trying to train my body to run outside and without music – since that’s how I’ll be racing (although if anyone knows of any treadmill races, do tell). But it’s looking more and more like I’m going to need to get a membership for the winter.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment