Thursday, August 9, 2012

Bad Goggy

I've been getting up at irregular times for the past...oh I don't know...seven years or so? Pretty much since high school. If I'm tired, I sleep in late, if I happen to be up, I get up early. The wake-up time ranges from 5 a.m. to 7:15 a.m.

A 5 a.m. wake-up means a workout, a walked dog, a shower, a packed lunch and an iced coffee.

A 7:15 a.m. wake-up means Gunner gets to pee really quickly and I'm lucky if I manage to walk out the door with my keys in hand and pants on.

I'm finding that the 5:15 a.m. wake-up is what works best for me, and I'm going to make it a goal to get up at the same time every morning. This morning I managed a run with the dog, and to make dinner for tonight.

Our "bad" dog after getting kicked out
of daycare. Looks like a meanie, right?
The sudden need to get up at a regular time is more stemming from the dog than from me. Mr. Gunner got kicked out of doggy daycare yesterday, and Mommy had to leave work in Bethesda to drive back to Crystal City to pick him up. The owner said he had "attacked" the other dogs, but I honestly think she didn't want to deal with a high-energy pup. Basically, if we know we're taking him in for a play day, we won't really run him or try to tire him out, because we know he's going to exhaust himself the next day at daycare.

Welp, Gunner is going to need to be run every morning now. We've got to chip away at his energy daily, so the next place we try won't be so overcome by his rambunctiousness.

We did two miles today and Gunner came home, ate breakfast, and passed back out.

No comments:

Post a Comment