Thursday, May 24, 2012

Taking Steps

Ok, well if you've been following the blog, you know I haven't posted in awhile. And that's b/c I've had nothing to say. You've probably been seeing the slow, downward spiral of athletic digression. And that's ok.

Well, it's not really ok. But it's reality.

I've been researching some races to get me back into the swing of things, but don't want to pay a whole lot since we're wedding budgeting right now. I talked to Scott last night and he said, "whatever gets you back out there."

Today I found a half-marathon in Charlottesville, Va., in late October. I was abbbbooouuuttt to sign up but then stopped myself. I don't want to make a commitment that I will flake out on again, so I kept looking for something smaller.

Then I found the Clarendon 10K in September! Scott said it sounded fun, so we're both signed up for September 22.

Methinks we will schedule our engagement shoot the next day, so we can get photos done when we're in 10K shape. ;)

Well, one of us is already in 10K shape (Scott), but we don't need to name any names (Scott).

Hooray for the thrill of race day training!

No comments:

Post a Comment