Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Doggie Run!

This is how Gunner actually likes to run. An
insane sprint.
We did it! Gunner and I successfully had a run together this morning.

The secret?

A head harness. For him, not me.

We got the Gentle Leader a few months ago that goes around his snout, and it's super helpful when we run. In case you're wondering why I haven't been running with the dog, it's b/c he's a pain in the arse to run with. Neither Scott nor I like to do it, because he's not properly leash trained. But he and I managed to have a decent time this morning.

We only ran for 10 minutes (one of us is coming back from a 6-month hiatus from running), but Gunner stayed next to me with little pulling. I had to keep a good hold on him, because I know he wanted to sprint off like a maniac.

We walked a little after the run and I figured out that Gunner likes traffic. Let me rephrase that: Gunner loves traffic.

We walked along Van Dorn (which is pretty busy in the morning), and he kept wanting to walk in the right lane of the road. I had to be pretty careful trying to keep him on the sidewalk, but he's like Houdini.

He managed to pounce into the turn lane for our apartment complex and then sat there stubbornly as I pulled on the leash, so I had to snatch him out of the road before some car ran him over.

Overall, a nice short run with the pup. Looking forward to taking him out again tomorrow morning -- on a less populated road route. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment