Sunday, October 30, 2011

Good Not Great: MCM 2011

Run: MCM 10K
Time: 114:02
Mood: Ouch

Well, today was the marathon-turned-10K. I haven't exactly been "training" well lately. I haven't run 6 miles since I stopped marathon training two months ago. Needless to say, it was a rude awakening for my lil legs. My brother, on the other hand, is a running stud. He knocked out the marathon in 3:38. Most of his splits were in the low 7s. He started slowing down toward the end because of a knee thing (and I use the term "slowing down" vaguely - because he was still hitting about an 8 split).

When I finished we were herded into a corral like cattle, and it took me 20 minutes just to get out of the fenced-in area. Not only that, but no spectators were allowed down to see people finish, so noone saw me. Which would have been helpful to know when I was booking it up that last hill. I could have relaxed! I kid, I kid.

After I met up with Scott, we went in search of mom, dad and Cathrine who were watching Bobby around the mall. By the time we walked over there (note: from Iwo Jima to the mall after running 6 miles = sore stems), we had missed him. But Catherine got some good photos.

And now, the photoblog (thanks to Cathrine):

Trying to keep warm in our silly hats.

Game face.

There is no MCM 10K sign. So I act tough
in front of the marathon sign.

Hooray, Bobby finished!

His medal is cooler. That's ok, I'm still excited.

No really, it's an awesome medal.

They smile. I'm legitimately wondering how
he hit those splits. Low 7s. Nbd.

No comments:

Post a Comment