Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sit Down Before Reading

Run: 1 mile
Time: 9:03
Mood: Strong like bull!

Well hi, it's been awhile. Since April 3 to be exact. How are you? Good. Oh me? I'm good, just managed to hit a 9:03 mile pace, that's all.

Let that sink in.

That's right kids, I ran a nine minute mile yesterday. AND I passed a relatively fit looking guy who seemed to be going at a decent pace.

Let that also sink in.

Why is this a big deal? My usual pace is about an 11 give or take - and I'm usually the one getting passed. I've hit 10s before on short runs when I'm feeling froggy. But I can honestly say I haven't hit this speed since high school. And even then, I think I may have run an 8:30 when I was in top shape.

Now let's overthink this. It may have been because I was running in my old orange Nikes which felt super light. It could have been that I've been on a pretty strict diet for the past week and I've dropped a few pounds. It could have been a fluke because I literally took a week off from running.

Whatever it was, it felt fantastic. Down right gazelle-like. A nine minute mile felt great.

And then I walked the mile back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment