Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"So, no blog action for awhile."

I know I haven't posted in awhile when people start bringing it up....

Run: 3 miles
Time: 33 flat
Mood: Eh

I ran last night with a coworker who hadn't run in awhile. She did the first mile with me, and we came in at 11:20. I did the second two miles alone and ended at 33, so I punched up the pace.

For those of you who don't know, I've got a 10-mile race this weekend. So far my distance has only been 6 miles, but I'm hoping to get an 8-miler under my belt tonight with the help of my guy. I will add that he will be running at my pace - but with a 40 pound "ruck." That's a backpack, folks. A weighted backpack. He has to weight himself down to "trot" at my pace. Oy.

Regardless, I'll have a lot more confidence to race 10 miles this weekend if I get 8 miles down tonight.

Wish me luck!

2 comments: